Friday, March 10, 2006

A message from Lisa Lax on casting

I just want to thank this community of actors and all the other artists and agents for all your help so far on "Southern Comfort." This is such a long-awaited opportunity for me and you guys are all coming together to help me. I so appreciate it! It took me an hour and a half to convince the producer to hire me instead of bringing in someone from LA. They have been shocked that there are so many people here with experience and headshots. I am fighting to change things for us here. I didn't do an open call at all. I'm pulling from all the actors here so we look professional. I was told that it caused us to get a bad reputation using so many people on the last two shoots from open calls. So I chose to do it this way. For you guys. Use the people who have worked so hard just to get a chance. So I desperately need your help and support. And I'm getting it. Thanks so very much to each and every one of you. You're making my dreams come true and I want to help make yours as well. I won't forget you guys when it comes to casting. You can guarantee that. I smile everytime I sit at the table and review your headshots. Because I know who you are! It's nice to be able to cast the people your familiar with, fond of and care about.

Sincerely,
Lisa Lax

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lisa from a long ago friend. Jim Barco

    ReplyDelete