This one is on Craigslist. Anybody know who is making this? (update: it's local filmmaker DeAara Lewis)
Looking for talented, reliable actors and actresses to fill roles for "Tricks" an independent feature film to be shot in Memphis, TN. Must be availabe for rehearsal and shoot. Pay is deferred. Please submit resume and photo to Lewisgroup1212@gmail.com.
In addition to key roles, there are also roles available for extras, if not cast for principal roles, please indicate if you would be interested in a role as an extra.
Production Dates: TBA (Spring/Summer of 2006)
Synopsis: Tricks is an urban tale of five prostitutes, their enterprising madam and the personal struggles of each to not only survive, but thrive in a business that is deemed immoral and taboo.
1. Natalie – late twenties, early thirties. An attractive, but vindictive woman. She knows how to pull a man. Other “girls” are intimidated by her and she uses this to her advantage (open).
2. Rita – late twenties, early thirties. An attractive and shapley woman, but is somewhat rundown. She’s naïve when it comes to men and as a result, constantly falls in and out love with her clients (open).
3. Devin (Michelle’s boyfriend) – tall man in his late twenties, early thirties; very attractive; charming. He is educated and very forward, but also has a soft side (open).
4. Mr. Davis – an older man in his late forties, early fifties. No particular height or look. Comical character who loves women (open)
5. Tito – a young man in his mid twenties, with an offbeat look. He is helplessly in love with Jean.
6. Tyson – a young and upcoming singer. Very attractive, mid twenties (open).
7. Tommy – timid man in his mid thirties; is struggling with wanting to have an affair (open).
8. Allen (Rita's boyfriend) – an attractive man, late twenties, early thirties. He is a borderline asshole (open).
9. Paul – an attractive, gay man (open).
10. Darnell (Devin’s friend) – a “fraternity” type. Cute, loves to party and loves women, can be a real asshole if permitted (open).
11. Keith – (Devin’s friend) – a “nerd,” but still has some “coolness” to him. No particular look (open).
12. James (Donna’s ex-husband) – attractive man. He was hurt deeply and has worked hard to move on even though there are questions he still longs the answers to (open).
13. Freddie (Tina estranged husband) – an attractive man in his late twenties, early thirties; very abusive, controlling and angry (open).
14. Sebastian Crump – Older man, stocky, average height. Chief of Police; a real asshole; has hated Donna for years and is out to seek revenge on Donna (open).