Friday, February 2, 2007

Memphis Film Society -- new

In addition to filming my feature in Memphis, I am also in the process of setting up a new non-profit called the "Memphis Film Society." I am modeling this group after the famous Austin Film Society. At first, MFS will be offering free monthly network mixers, free monthly screenings of otherwise unseen films in this area, and parties at the two big Memphis film festivals.

Later (a year or so down the line), we will add membership levels, workshops, a filmmaker's grant program, and other interesting events in Memphis--all geared towards you, area actors, filmmakers, and film enthusiasts!

Check out our baby website at www.memphisfilm.org periodically to see info (though I will also send it to this group). What I need right now from you, the film community, is word-of-mouth advertising. The bigger the turnout for the mixers/screenings, the bigger a force we will be in this community.

I am putting together the e-list for everyone who would like to receive discounts, newsletters, and information about events concerning the Memphis Film Society right now. If you would like to be on this list, email me at info@memphisfilm.org and I will add you to all our mailings.

Please forward this to everyone you know in the film industry. Our first mixer will be in March, and I'm looking forward to meeting each and every one of you. Cheers!

Rich Newman
Founder, Memphis Film Society

No comments:

Post a Comment